The Raw Cooked Vegan

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Zucchini Pasta with Red Pepper Coulis

Post 5 Raw Week!

Zucchini. Who would have thought? Perfectly textured for noodle dishes. Zucchini pasta is not new to raw food enthusiasts. I've seen it in some raw recipe books but I've never attempted to make it because I thought it would be a hassle getting it into spaghetti-like strings.

So I chucked the idea of buying a spiral slicer and used my vegetable peeler to make wide "noodles". It's amazingly simple to do (not a new trick by any means, believe me, it's been done before).

This dish was excellent! I made it in about 10 minutes. It wasn't hot, but room temperature. If you care to warm it, drop the "noodles" in hot water and drain. Serve immediately.

You will need a blender for this recipe

Zucchini Pasta with Red Pepper Coulis
1 large zucchini, washed and peeled, ends cut off
1 large red pepper or 6-8 baby red peppers, cored
1 garlic clove
2 heaping TBS hempseed
1 TBS water
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
pepper to taste

With a vegetable peeler, slice long strips of zucchini, turning it as you slice until you get to the seeds (stop when you see seeds coming through). Put strands onto serving plates and set aside.

In a power blender, add the 1 TBS water, red pepper, garlic, hempseed and salt and pepper. Blend until thick and creamy. Pour over each serving of zucchini. Serve immediately.


1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am so eager to try zucchini pasta...I have got to get myself a spiralizer!