The Raw Cooked Vegan

Monday, September 12, 2011

Raw Corn Tortilla Tacos



This is the 5th (4th) post of my Raw Food Week. I wanted to do something delicious and attractive. I can tell you it was delicious, so do you think it's attractive?

I was inspired by a corn tortilla recipe in Raw Food Real World by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis. I changed up the ingredients just a bit by using smoked paprika and less chili powder. I filled these babies with my Lemon Cashew Cheese, then fresh avocado, chopped tomatoes, onions, fresh jalapeno, arugula and fresh chopped basil. Awesome!

You will need a dehydrator for this recipe

Raw Corn Tortilla Tacos
3 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from 3 ears of corn, or frozen corn, thawed
1 and 1/2 cups yellow or red bell pepper
3/4 cup flaxseed, finely ground
2-3 TBS Lime juice
1 tsp ground chili powder
1 TBS smoked paprika
2 tsp cumin seeds, ground
1 and 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt

In a food processor, process corn and bell pepper. Add ground flaxseed, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, cumin and salt. Process until almost smooth.

Divide batter in half onto two dehydrator trays lined with teflex or parchment paper. Dehydrate at 110 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 hours. Flip onto empty mesh lined tray and peel away teflex or parchment carefully. Dehydrate another 3 to 4 hours until pliable.

Cut with kitchen shears into squares and fill with your favorite fresh ingredients! 


3 comments:

Ashley said...

I don't have a dehydrator yet, but I'm starting to think I should invest in one..these look delish!

Lisa Vega said...

These do look great!! I love tacos....

bitt said...

i love the chip recipe in Raw food real world too. i'm so craving raw tacos now. ;-)