The Raw Cooked Vegan

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ultimate Vegan Nachos II



I just couldn't help myself. I had a craving for nachos and whipped this together and had to take a picture since it looked so colorful! I've already posted Ultimate Vegan Nachos, but this is slightly different, so I decided to call it Ultimate Vegan Nachos II.

There's really no need to post a formal recipe, but a just a guideline on what what I put on it (whatever was in my fridge). You may have other items on hand (like fresh jalapenos), or fresh herbs, but here's what I did:

1. Had some Tostito's brand Organic Blue Corn chips, laid them out on a plate.
2. Took some Amy's refried beans (straight from the can) and mixed about a tsp of olive oil in them and a little salt and smoked pepper.
3. Heated beans in a small saucepan until just warm.
4. Dropped spoonfuls of beans over chips
5. Added chopped onions, chopped lettuce, chopped orange pepper and salsa.

It was Delicious! And yes, I ate the whole thing myself.

Well, it WAS my dinner...

No comments: