The Raw Cooked Vegan

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chickpea Kuri Curry


It was hard to get a good shot of this dish with curry sauce smothered all over everything, but it was so, so good!

This is a similar version of my Tempeh Curry recipe, only using chickpeas instead of tempeh. I roasted a Red Kuri squash, but you can use butternut, kabocha or buttercup. Red Kuri squash taste similar to kabocha, in my opinion.

Chickpea Kuri Curry

2 cans Eden chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 and 1/2 cups cooked Red Kuri squash (or squash of choice), diced
1 large crisp apple, diced
1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup raisins


Perfect Curry Sauce



2/3 cup Vegenaise

2 tsp white balsamic vinegar

1 tsp garam masala spice

1/2 tsp sea salt

1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric

1/2 tsp curry powder
1 TBS maple syrup (or other similar sweetener)

(This made more than I used on the ingredients, but add according to your taste)
Combine chickpeas, apples, squash, walnuts and raisins in large bowl.

In lidded jar, combine curry sauce ingredients and mix or shake jar to combine well. Pour over chickpea mixture and combine.


Note: Add more ingredients! It can only make it better.

4 comments:

Sarah P said...

Oh my goodness! I love anything with chickpeas, and your curry sauce sounds delicious. Bookmarking this one!

Nicole said...

Need to make.... This sounds amazing!

Jen said...

Thank you so much. I've "trial and errored" this curry sauce many times and finally perfected it. Just LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer..This must be the most innovative use of squash that I will ever see! (I guess chickpeas too!) You never cease to amaze me!