The Raw Cooked Vegan

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Five Star Corn Salsa


I'm into the crazy habit of jotting down recipes after making them so as not to forget a single ingredient. If they happen to be really great, I pencil a "5 star" on the paper to remember how much I liked it. Well, this particular recipe had a 5 star penciled on it, but no title.  So, you can guess how I came up with the name.

This is absolutely fabulous with pita chips, corn chips, or smothered over a baked potato...the possibilities are endless!

Five Star Corn Salsa

3 cups frozen corn, thawed (no need to cook)
1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 large avocado, diced
Juice of 1 lime (or lemon)
3 TBS fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
fresh ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in serving bowl. Toss gently to mix. Keep refrigerated.


Note: I use organic produce, including frozen vegetables and fruit. Repeating the word 'organic' after every ingredient would be redundant. I recommend using organic whenever possible.

No comments: